When I started Granola Lab back in 2010, I always envisioned I'd have my own little granola factory. After five plus years of working in other companies' kitchens, the dream of a real granola laboratory is finally here! Granola Lab's new home is an airy, light-filled industrial space in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, a blank slate ready to be filled with equipment and stocked with supplies.
There are many ways for a business to finance a project like the one the Lab is embarking on, including loans and crowdfunding. One solution that combines the best of both these worlds is Kiva Zip, a non-profit, "character based lending" platform that facilitates 0% interest loans to entrepreneurs like myself. Basically, you can support Granola Lab in a very direct and simple way: make a microloan! This week (June 1-5), Kiva will match all loans given by new lenders invited by current borrowers. Since we already get matching funds from the MetLife Foundation, your loan will be three times as helpful! You can lend Granola Lab as little as $5...which you will get back. I would be ever-so-grateful for your support.
If you would like to support me, please follow the step-by-step instructions listed below. Use the link provided as this is the only way your loan will be tracked as coming through me. THANK YOU!
(1) Click the following link: https://zip.kiva.org/loans/14181/i/zn3c
(2) Select the amount you would like to lend in the panel on the right-hand side
(3) Click the orange "Lend Now" button
(4) Click the white "Register" button
(6) Click the orange "Register" button
(7) You should be redirected back to your checkout basket. Confirm the amount and click "Checkout"
(8) Choose to "Pay with your PayPal account" or "Pay with a debit or credit card"
(9) Fill out your payment information and click the orange "Pay" at the bottom of the page